15 Jan New Interactive Dashboard reports
Today we are announcing the availability of a whole new category of reports with Vymo, called Dashboards. Vymo already has Cover & Productivity dashboards that provide a visual summary of your business. With the release of Dashboards, Vymo now offers a new level of gorgeous visualizations, while being scalable and flexible to support a wide variety of datasets.
A number of our users have told us that they download Excel data from Vymo and visualize them using Excel. We believe these dashboards will dramatically improve user productivity by offering ready-to-use, best-in-class data visualization of data already recorded in Vymo. Of course, Excel downloads continue to be available!
Dashboard reports are great for visualizing a number of different parameters at once and afford great value for managers & organization leaders.
The dashboard comprises of a set of graphs that are correlated by the same filters, so change the filter and all the graphs simultaneously refresh. And the data behind each chart is downloadable for further analysis.
Since these dashboards are built in HTML and are responsive, these are also embeddable into the Vymo mobile app!
In dashboards the following chart types are supported:
- Number: displayed in a large tile, similar to the existing Cover page in Vymo
- Progress bar: for comparing a single number result to a goal value
- Table: is good for looking at tabular data!
- Line chart: for displaying the trend of a number over time
- Bar charts: for displaying a metric grouped by a category (e.g., the number of customers by state). Bar charts can be stacked.
- Area charts: for comparing the proportions between two metrics over time. Area charts can also be stacked.
- Histograms: Are a special case of bar charts, where data is grouped into buckets and used for quartile & efficiency analysis in Vymo
- Scatterplot/bubble chart: are useful for visualizing correlation between two variables, like comparing the age of your users vs. how much they spend on your products
- Pie/donut chart: used for breaking out a metric by a single dimension, especially when the number of possible breakouts is small, like users by gender
- Funnel: show values broken out by steps, and the percent decrease between each successive step. For instance, how are opportunities progressing through your Leads funnel & at which stage do you lose most customers?
Dashboards allow Vymo users to visualize different charts & tables in a beautiful, interactive layout. Consider this one for instance, which uses some of the chart types described above:
Unlike existing reports, Dashboards can render multiple correlated data points and charts in a single screen making it easy for teams to have a comprehensive view of the business. Change one filter and all the charts refresh, just as you would expect them too. Any data that exists in Vymo can be quickly visualized using these dashboards.
We are publishing a bunch of Standard Dashboards that will be available to customers based on the modules deployed. For instance, customers using the Activity module in Vymo will automatically receive the following 4 Activity dashboards:
- Activity Planning Report
- Activity Distribution Report
- Activity Efficiency Report
- Other Activity Reports
Similarly there are standard dashboards for the Leads module and new dashboards are coming soon for the Partners & Customer modules. We will announce each of these separately as they are released.
These reports work hand-in-hand with existing Tabular & download-only reports that are already available in your Vymo web dashboard.
Few things to note:
- Dashboards are useful for visualizing aggregate data, not individual transactional records
- Filters are embedded into the dashboard so existing Vymo filters are disabled when viewing Dashboards. In a future release, existing web filters will be available with Dashboard reports.
- Drill-down support is unavailable in Dashboard reports
- Customizing dashboard colour schemes is not supported at this time
- Existing authorization rules apply to dashboards
Have feedback? We would love to hear it. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.