“Personal information” is defined under the SPI Rules to mean any information that relates to a natural person, which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available with a body corporate, is capable of identifying such a natural person.
The SPI Rules further define “sensitive personal data or information” of a person to mean personal information about that person relating to:
- financial information such as bank accounts, credit and debit card details or other payment instrument details;
- physical, physiological and mental health condition;
- sexual orientation;
- medical records and history;
- biometric information;
- information received by body corporate under lawful contract or otherwise;
- details as provided at the time of registration or thereafter; and
- call data records.
Information that is freely available in the public domain or accessible under the
Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law will not be regarded as
sensitive personal data or information.
During the registration process for creating a user
account, the Company requests for your name and email address. You will also be asked to choose a unique username and a password, which will be used solely for providing access to your user account. Upon registration, you will have the option of choosing a security question and an answer to the security question, which if given, will be used solely for resetting your password. Your name and email address will be used to inform you regarding new services, releases, upcoming events and changes
Vymo will have access to third party Personal Information provided by you as part of using Vymo Services such as contacts in your Vymo account. This information may include third party names, email addresses, phone numbers and physical addresses and will be used for servicing your requirements as expressed by you to Vymo and solely as part and parcel of your use of Vymo Services. We do
not share this third party Personal Information with anyone for promotional purposes, nor do we utilize it for any purposes not expressly consented to by you. When you elect to refer friends to the Software, we request their email address and name to facilitate the request and deliver a onetime email. Your friend may contact us at email@example.com to request that we remove this information from our database.
We post user testimonials on our Website. These
testimonials may include names and other Personal Information and we acquire permission from our users prior to posting these on our Website. Vymo is not responsible for the Personal Information users elect to post within their testimonials. Vymo hereby expressly disclaims any liability for any misuse of such information that is made available to/ by you in such a manner.
- We provide the capacity for users to post information in blogs and forums for sharing information in a public space on the Website. This information is publicly available to all users of these forums and visitors to our Website. We require registration to publish information, but given the public nature of both platforms, any Personal Information disclosed within these forums may be used to contact users with unsolicited messages. We encourage users to be cautious in disclosure of Personal Information in public forums as Vymo is not responsible for the Personal Information users elect to disclose.
This certification covers our collection, use and disclosure of information we collect through our website www.getvymo.com// and through Vymo Services.
- You must not create or otherwise disseminate any information which may be deemed to be injurious, violent, offensive, racist or xenophobic or which may otherwise violate the purpose and spirit of the Company and its community of users.
- You must not provide information to the Company and /or other users which you believe might be injurious or detrimental to your person, professional or social status.