18 Nov PRM Phase 1
Partner is an entity, who helps an organization sell more, by providing more avenues/markets/geographies that the organization may otherwise not have access to. Partner could be an organization or individual.
Why it’s critical to have independent PRM module in place of current partner module?
- Lead may eventually become a customer and is a potential direct source of revenue, whereas a partner will help in generating leads and hence is an indirect source of revenue. Partners are usually compensated for the leads they generate / revenue they provide.
- Lead has an active workflow and pretty much disappears from the system once it is converted/dropped. A partner doesn’t have any workflow and is forever in the system.
- In leads, the focus is on converting. In partners, the focus is on engagement and business generation.
- In leads, because the focus is on converting, parameters like current state, the probability of conversion etc. are important. Last engaged time and next meeting time are typically from the workflow. In partners, because the focus is on engagement and business generation, pieces of information like partner tier, business potential, the business generated etc are important. Last engaged time and next meeting time are typically from the activities planned on this partner.
- Cross module linkages are very important in PMS. For a given partner, the user should be able to see all the activities done/scheduled, all the leads generated etc.
Key benefit of a well-designed partner module
- Quick understanding of partner parameters (tier, business potential, revenue generated etc)
- Clear understanding of last engagement with the partner
- Help with engagement planning and preparation which optimizes partner output
- Tracking of partner output (multi-dimensional)- Support for in-system/external data connected via APIs
The following sections describe the information and actions associated with a partner module
- User should be able to set the tier of the partner (e.g. Platinum/Gold/Silver). This is useful to decide engagement frequency and tentative business opportunity
- There is an option to indicate status Active/Inactive for a partner.Currently, it’s part of add form but going ahead we intend to tie this back to business generated or engagement depending on business context. For example- if a restaurant has generated less than X revenue per month or not engaged with sales rep as per the criteria then you may want to tag them as inactive partners.
Partner Business Card
- Partner business parameters involve setting a target for individual partners and track the completion status of the same target.Business targets acts as decision variables when it comes to scheduling activity/engagement.
- User should be able to see the business potential/target of the partner. This is what will be used to gauge how good the actual business generated from the partner is.
- User should be able to see the actual business generated by the partner. This has three parameters – the number, the unit and the time period associated.Parameters involved in partner business target could be numerous, few of them are system supported like monthly target/generated for Leads, revenue. Rest will be as configured by the client. You can set target on any parameter which is already associated with that partner.
- Both potential and generated data can be computed internally from Vymo or uploaded through bulk upload or fetched from external APIs – External API and bulk upload coming soon
- User should be able to see the historical business generated(Business trend) from the partner. This is useful in knowing how the partner performance has been historically, and can be used by the rep to have a meaningful conversation with the partner (“Your leads generated have gone by 50% in the last 5 months. What happened?)- Coming as part of next release.
Next engagement and activity type
- User should be able to see the set of next activities scheduled on this partner – activity type, date, time, duration. User should be able to easily navigate to the location of the meeting.
- By default we are providing following type of activity
- Schedule an activity -(Type call or meeting)
- Schedule a reminder (to do some task)
- Log an activity(To log historical events)
Historical engagement and next best action
- User should be able to see when the partner was last engaged or series of past engagements, and what type of engagement it was (call, email, message, physical meeting, activity done etc)
- Vymo should be able to display an insight / suggested next best action to the user based on the current status of the partner. Examples – “This is a platinum partner and needs to be engaged every week. Schedule a meeting now.”; “This partner’s revenue share has significantly gone down in the last quarter. Find out why” etc.(Part of next phase)
- User should be able to contact the partner quickly. There could be multiple numbers, emails associated with the partner, out of which one maybe primary/preferred.
- As next step we can bring in integration with WhatsApp, Wechat and by default detect the most preferred messenger and link to that.
- The user should be able to see the complete profile of the partner (all the fields that are present at the time of creation of the partner)
- The user should be able to edit the profile of the lead
- The user should be able to see all the locations tagged against this partner and modify/update them
- List view of all the partners.
- Attributes : Name, Tier, Assigned to, Last engagement, State.
- Actions: Quick actions ( call, message, email, navigate etc), Add floating button.
- We have cross-linkages between modules, and the user should be able to see items linked to this partner (leads generated, activities done etc)
- Partner details will have a separate card to mention the connected module
- Leads generated by that partner will be part of the trendline screen where agent will be able to see leads generated/converted by that partner.
- Customers is a logically equivalent module to partners. All converted leads become customers, and customers are typically in the system forever. There is no workflow associated with customers, the sales reps are expected to be engaged with them on a regular basis, and also take care of the services tickets raised against these customers.
Please find attached few screenshots of Partner
Add Partner Form